Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Paper beads from Africa

One of my passions is designing jewelry. After some research, I came across a website where I was able to purchase beautiful paper beads from Uganda. They are made by the local women in the villages and selling these one of a kind beads allows them to rise out of extreme poverty. So far I have only created bracelets, but the reaction has been amazing. I plan to also try making some necklaces and possibly earrings  as well in the near future. Here is a picture of a sample bracelet:

I just love the idea that doing something I enjoy doing is also allowing me to give back to society. These women have some amazing stories and I am proud to now be a part of that. Bob has created a website dedicated entirely to my paper bead creations, Paper Bead Bracelets. As I add more styles to the line, I will update some pictures here. Until next time, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment