Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Something new for my hair!


So I was at one of my favorite stores a week or so ago and saw these pretty cool new hair accessories by Goody called The Simple Styles Collection. And they were new so naturally I had to give them a try (ask Bob, he says I am a marketer's dream, if it's new it's for me!). Anyways, I picked up the spin pins (both the large and the small) and the bun spiral. Both work really well (as long as my hair is dry, it doesn't work too well if my hair is wet) and seem way more grown up than the Scrunci I have been using. It's been so hot here in Florida that I really want to be able to put my hair up, but I really wanted something that looked a little more classy and I think I have found it! I'm still practicing using them, but it's not too hard, just takes a little practice. Check them out! Oh, and I got them at CVS of course and got $5 ECB for buying them!

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried Bzzagent.com yet? It is a market research website. You complete surveys and based on your answers you get free products to try. You earn points for how much you market the products, your blog would be ideal for sharing your opinions on the free products. I have already received free mascara, eye shadow, Tresemme Shampoo & Conditioner and some Kindle books. It is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Paula! This is Arleen from the Times. I work in the same building as your husband! I, too, love Goody's spin pins! I don't think the bun spiral existed when I bought my spin pins (at least Target didn't have it that day!), but I may need to try that, too. The spin pins have saved me on many-a-morning after hitting the snooze too many times. I spin 'em in and nobody would guess I slept in 'cause I still get to work on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steph-
    Funny enough, I just found out about this last week and signed up! Still waiting to get anything, but I have been taking the surveys and earning points for that. Can't wait to get chosen to try some products! Thanks!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Arlene! I can't find the bun spiral any more. Not sure if they are still making it, but glad I grabbed it while I could. I'm still learning how to use the spin pins, but I'm getting better at it. Any tips?
    -Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't gotten too creative with it yet! I have long curly hair and it's deceptively thin (when I put it in a bun, nobody would ever guess how long my hair actually is. It pretty much disappears!) When I use the spin pins, it's all about a very simple (and really tiny, thanks to the thinness of my hair) bun!

    ReplyDelete