Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Shepherd's Pie

I made one of Bob's favorites for dinner tonight, Shepherd's Pie. I served it with biscuits and it makes a perfect, easy and delicious dinner. Here is my recipe:

Ingredients:
1-1.5 lbs of ground beef (I usually use lean, but sirloin or ground chuck work fine)
1 can of creamed corn
1 can of regular corn (drained)
1 pkg. of butter & herb mashed potatoes

Brown and drain ground beef. Put as first layer in a casserole dish. Mix together creamed corn and regular corn. Layer on top of ground beef. Make mashed potatoes according to package instructions. Layer on top of corn. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until heated through. The potatoes will be slightly browned on the edges. My mother in law sprinkles paprika on the top, I'm not a paprika fan, so that is a personal choice. Some recipes call for peas, carrots and sometimes Lima beans and also gravy, but I love the simplicity of this version. Serve immediately with biscuits and a crisp garden salad. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment